A Systemic Approach for Therapy
Whether it is individual, couple or family therapy, I find that clients who are drawn to a family systems approach are often interested in one or more of the following.
- Growing more self
- Taking responsibility for who they are and where they are going
- Thinking and responding in new ways
- Looking for strengths and using one’s resources
- Defining self and staying connected
- Watching the process and letting things evolve
- Experiencing the challenges and surprises of life
As clients take hold of their own journey and become explorers of their own lives, appointments may be scheduled on a less frequent basis. According to Murray Bowen most of the work of therapy “happens between sessions”.
In my work with clients I apply Bowen Family Systems Theory to the challenges and anxiety of life. I specialize in family of origin work, genograms, transition and life cycle issues, relationship issues and exploring the systemic nature of problems whatever the issue.
A typical fee for therapy is $150 for a 50 minute session. I do not participate with any insurance provider networks, yet will provide a receipt for clients who wish to file for reimbursement. Please check with your insurance provider for details.
A limited number of reduced fee slots are also available. Inquire for details.